The soul urge number, also known as the heart’s desire number is created from your name. Specifically, this number is derived from the vowels in your full birth name. The number is representative of the inner self and knows your desires, motivators, needs, and like or dislikes. The number can also show your true intentions behind most choices. It can then influence these choices to lead you to a better life path. Being one of the most important numbers in numerology, it is necessary to know your soul urge number. You can also learn to calculate other important numbers like your expression number, personality number, life path number, and birthday number.
Identifying Your Vowels
This section is actually for those who are not native English speakers, but it clarifies the basics to help you find the vowels in your name. While it should be clear that the letter A, E,I, O, and U are vowels, Y can also be a vowel at times. This determination is mostly based on the sound of the Y. For example, my and try both have Y as a vowel. These two words also do not contain other vowels so the Y is a vowel by default. Y also serves as a vowel in words like sorry, very, and berry because of the sound it makes. However, Y is not a vowel in words like yell, yes, or year because it does not make a vowel sound, nor is it the only vowel. This should help you determine Ys in your name.
Calculating Your Soul Urge Number
To begin with, write out your full, given birth name and give the vowels the numerical values shared below:
- A = 1
- E = 5
- I = 9
- O = 6
- U = 3
- Y = 7
Now, find out your soul urge number by adding up the values of the vowels. An example is shown below.
Name: Amy Nichole Deeds
1 + 7 + 9 + 6 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 38 If your total is a master number like 11 or 22 do not reduce it, otherwise, reduce to a single digit. So 38 becomes 3 + 8 = 11 Since this is a master number we stop, but you need to reduce until you have a single digit or a master number. Now you can calculate your own. Below is a brief overview of what each soul urge number means.
- 1 – Clear vision of goals and purpose, clear mind, precise, head strong
- 2 – Calm, peaceful, well-mannered, artistic, caring, loving
- 3 – Strong, determined, focused, compassionate, brave, optimistic
- 4 -Goal setting, accomplished, planner, organized, persistent
- 5 – Love of travel, enthusiastic, passionate, brave
- 6 – Cares for others, sacrificing, well balanced, true to self
- 7 – Hard working, analyzing, love to relax and avoid distractions
- 8 – Confident, crave power and possessions, strong leadership
- 9 – A core number, big dreamer, charismatic, sympathetic, selfless
- 11 – Creative, artistic, idealistic, focus on friendship
- 22 – Well organized, rational, honest, focus on detail